Every single person on this planet has at least one secret that could break your heart. If we could just remember that, there would be a lot more compassion and tolerance in the world

Friday, July 11, 2008

HOLY CRAP I'M GONNA GO TO COLLEGE IN A FREAKIN YEAR!




I was looking through some of the pictures i had on my camera of last year's graduation and i suddenly realized... I'm going to graduate this year! I'm having a really hard time letting that sink in. My cousin told me that "when you go to college you find out who you really are", it scares me to think that i'll be taking such a huge step in life and growing up in a matter of months. I'm not concerned with what my major will be and I know generally what direction I want to go in, but the fact that I'll soon be doing it, not just talking about it, really makes me nervous. I've been working toward getting a scholarship for theatre since seventh grade and I'll be auditioning for every theatre professor in the state at the end of this January! Suddenly all the things I've been taking about and hoping for are comming up and I want to be completely prepared for it. I was awakened to the fact that I have so much competition this past week at Shakespeare Competition. I will soon be competing with every other aspiring actor in the state for scholarships and simply getting accepted into theatre programs!! But even beyond my career plans, I'll be leaving home and discovering "who i am". I'll have to be my own person and stop relying on my parents for everything i have. And as scary as I am making all of this sound, I really can't wait! Its an exciting feeling marching into the unknown full speed! Finally I'm taking the first steps to becoming an adult. I'll be making new friends, re-inventing myself, and diving into a completely new life.

4 comments:

Ana said...

You should check out this website. It has the book sleepy hollow online. It actually kind of funny, and there are bits and pieces that the people who wrote the play definitely used.

http://www.bartleby.com/310/2/2.html

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You have a genius couzin. haha...thats cool jaron. You're going to do great! How was the shakespear comp by the way? in and out.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! We are graduating...creepy!! Well since I never wanna grow up...I will just follow you around and be your personal make-up artist for the rest of your life! Never worry about theatre make-up again haha! Love ya J-Dawg!