Sunday, December 20, 2009
3. RELAX. Ok now I'm actually the worst ever at this one. I have to take lots of pills and breath A LOT to get this one down but it is important! Things in life generally are not life and death, the more I remember this the easier it is to calm down.
4. Learn to let go. I have never done well with change (which is terrible seeing as my future career will force me to change on a weekly basis) and moving out was a big change for me. Although I had a hard time at first I have been getting better at being comortable with change.
5. BLOGGING is my friend. It seems like every time I enter a blog entry, or read someone elses, I feel inspired to be a better person. I don't really know why but thats just the way it is for me haha.
6. I'm a little different than I thought I was. My cousin Nikki told me that you find yourself in college, and boy was she right. Although I am still learning a lot about myself on a daily basis I have already learned a lot about my strengths, and my weaknesses.
7. GROWING UP isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Other kids couldn't wait to grow up and get out. I was NOT one of those kids. But after living on my own (sort of) for a while I have realized that I am capable and have nothing to be afraid of.
8. I MATTER. I used to be a people pleaser, but that is definately not who I am today haha. I have found that doing things my own way is really awesome!
9. BYU is NOT the celestial kingdom! I was a bit nervous going to BYU because I thought I would be sinner among angels, but I have realized that is definately not the case. Everyone has problems and trials in their lives and "HAPPY VALLEY PEOPLE" are no exception!!
10. Happiness comes from within. Now I'm not saying I'm an expert on this subject either cause I'm still in the process of figuring it out, but I can say that no one can make you happy but yourself. No matter how many doctors you see, therapists you talk to, relatives you plead with, or pills you take, at the end of the day true happiness is a decision. Its not an easy one, and for some people its a little difficult at times, but only I know how to make ME happy and thats what makes life worth living.