Every single person on this planet has at least one secret that could break your heart. If we could just remember that, there would be a lot more compassion and tolerance in the world

Saturday, July 10, 2010

DECISIONS

When I was eight if I wanted to do something I would ask my parents and they would tell me what to do. I didn't think much of it back then, its just the way it was. When I was twelve and I wanted to stay out late with my friends it wasn't my decision it was my parents'. Nothing was worse than that to me at the time. When I was seventeen I wanted to transfer last minuet to BYU instead of weber and my parents helped me set up a good way to make that happen. All my life I've relied on mommy and daddy to tell me what to do, to give me boundries, to help me decide. Now I'm faced with another huge decision and I realized I don't have that anymore. I'm an adult (sort of). I have to make my own decision. I would kill to be eight again. "mommy should i stay at byu?" and then she tell me what to do. It would be easier that way. There would be no option for regret if it wasn't on my shoulders.

Normallly my blog posts are about a life lesson I've learned from something in my life.. but I haven't learned the lesson yet. I'm still in the middle of the confusion. So this post is a cry for help. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm terrible at making decisions. Here are some things I've tried so far: talking about it, blogging about it, praying about it, writing pro-con lists, etc. And so far I can't come up with a good answer. So anyone who is reading this PLEASE tell me how you make big decisions in life! Give me advice! And then later when I figure out my life I'll share the WHOLE story i'm sort of avoiding telling the internet for now... and then explain my fabulous life lesson ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you read my blog post about revelation. The whole bipolar concept makes it difficult to get an answer in your mind... especially under stress and pressure. so in those times you really need to listen to your heart because that is where you will find the confirmation of the decision you are making. The Holy Ghost most likely is not going to say into your mind transfer schools. It wont work like that in this instance and especially with bipolar. study it out and listen to your heart