Every single person on this planet has at least one secret that could break your heart. If we could just remember that, there would be a lot more compassion and tolerance in the world

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Post Secret

My friend and I went to get hot chocolate and read at good old barnes and noble the other day and she introduced me to this book that has become my new obsession. Its called POST SECRET. Its this book made up of post cards that people send in with their biggest secrets written on them in an artistic way. And they are anonymous. And it amazed me how many of the post cards I completely connected with.

I SPEND MORE TIME IN PRACTICE ROOMS THAN I DO OUTSIDE.

I STILL BELEIVE IN MY CHILDHOOD DREAM.

I THINK I'M BEAUTIFL... AND I'M WILLING TO WAIT FOR SOMEONE WHO AGREES.

I OCCUPY THE SIDE OF MY BED WITH RANDOM STUFF SO AT NIGHT I FEEL LIKE I'M SLEEPING NEXT TO SOMEONE.

and those are just the more inspirational ones. There are a lot of heart breaking tragic ones that I connected with.. but I'll keep those ones more private :)

Anyone can send in a card. They give you the address on the back of the book. You just send it to the address and don't put down a return address. Like I said they are completely anonymous.

So I have six post cards I'm sending in. I might come up with more. But I think the idea is beautiful. I will send in my big secrets. Things that no one knows. And in doing so I will try to let go of those things and not let them weigh me down. And hopefully someone somewhere will see them and connect. And not feel as alone as they did before. Just like I did when I sat in barnes and noble last week.

http://www.postsecret.com/

No comments: